The surgical suite at Baraga County Memorial Hospital offers state of the art equipment, making it possible to provide an expanded number of surgical procedures at BCMH for convenient, close to home surgery.
General Surgery, such as hernia repair, breast biopsies, removal of masses, hemorrhoidectomy.
Dr Steven Terrian, DO
Dr Jeffrey Kreyer, MD
Dr Patrick Bulinski, MD
In addition to General Surgery, other surgical procedures provided by Board Certified Surgeons include:
- Epidural Steroid Injection (ESI) is a minimally invasive procedure that can help relieve neck, arm, back, and leg pain caused by inflamed spinal nerves
- Laparoscopic Surgery, such as cholecystectomy, appendectomy, and diagnostic.
- Ophthalmologic Surgery for cataracts
- Orthopedic Surgery, such as shoulder and knee arthroscopy; total knee arthroplasty and uni-knees to replace part of a knee; foot and ankle surgery; carpal tunnel release.
- Podiatric Surgery for foot and ankle.
- Urological Procedures, including cystoscopy and ultrasound of the prostate with biopsy.
- Endoscopic Procedures including:
– Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
The Anesthesia Department at BCMH offers a wide range of anesthesia services including general, regional, spinal, epidural, and IV sedation and is staffed by a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA). The department not only provides anesthesia services for surgical and endoscopy patients, but also may help with airway management, IV access, and/or resuscitation efforts throughout the hospital when needed.
Patients receiving anesthesia services are evaluated prior to surgery to determine the most beneficial anesthesia technique. Throughout surgery, a patient is continually monitored for vital signs all the way through the completion of the procedure and the entire recovery period.
BCMH has the latest anesthesia equipment available, including some state of the art equipment many other hospitals in the UP do not have. Evaluation and updating of anesthesia services and training continually occur to ensure patients receive the best anesthesia care possible at BCMH.
The BCMH surgical team, including a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, prepares patients through preoperative teaching, and monitors patients in the recovery area after surgery. Visitors are not permitted in any operation room or surgical recovery room, with the exception of parents of children who are permitted into the pre-op area with their child. A waiting area/lounge is provided for family members while the patient’s surgery is being performed. The staff at BCMH works diligently to keep family members updated throughout the surgical procedure. For more information about surgical procedures available at BCMH call 905.524.3387.