Please read and sign.
The filing of an application for employment form does not imply that you will eventually be engaged, but that you will be considered if you apply when a vacancy occurs, in competition with other applicants.
Many of the positions will require applicants to take competitive tests in addition to interviews, evaluation of experience and recommendations of former employers.
Baraga County Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity institution/equal opportunity employer.
Application for employment will be kept on active file only six (6) months.
Michigan P.A., XX 2006: Applicability of Criminal Background Checks
Pursuant to Public Act XX or 2006, Baraga County Memorial Hospital is required to perform criminal background and fingerprint checks on all applicants.
BCMH will not consider employing any individual with any felony conviction or one or more of the [misdemeanor] criminal offenses listed below unless that individual has completed all the terms and conditions of his or her sentencing, parole, and probation for that misdemeanor conviction and, as defined in PAXX of 2006, the specified period of time has lapsed immediately preceding the date of application for employment or clinical:
Felony - Any felony or an attempt or conspiracy to commit a felony.
Misdemeanor - A misdemeanor listed below:
- involving abuse or neglect.
- involving cruelty or torture unless otherwise provided under subdivision (e).
- involving criminal sexual conduct.
- involving vulnerable adult abuse under chapter XXA of the Michigan Penal Code, 1931 PA 328, MCL750.145m to 750.145r.
- involving the use of a firearm or dangerous weapon that results in a personal injury, or a misdemeanor involving the use of force or violence or the threat of the use of force or violence.
- involving cruelty if committed by an individual who is less than 16 years of age.
- involving home invasion.
- involving embezzlement.
- involving negligent homicide.
- larceny unless otherwise provided under subdivision (g).
- retail fraud in the second degree unless otherwise provided under subdivision (g).
- any other misdemeanor involving assault, fraud, theft, or the possession or delivery of a controlled substance unless otherwise provided under subdivision (d), (f), or (g).
- assault if there was no use of a firearm or dangerous weapon and no intent to commit murder or inflict great bodily injury.
- retail fraud in the third degree unless otherwise provided under subdivision (g).
- a misdemeanor under part 74 of the public health code, 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.7401 to 333.7461 relating to controlled substances, unless otherwise provided under subdivision (g).
- a misdemeanor under part 74 of the public health code 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.7401 to 333.7461 relating to controlled substances, if the individual, at the time of conviction, is under the age of 18.
- larceny or retail fraud in the second or third degree if the individual, at the time of conviction, is under the age of 16.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact BCMH Human Resources.