The Revenue Cycle Improvement Manager (RCIM) is responsible for improving the efficiency, compliance and financial viability across all aspects of the healthcare revenue cycle including pre-registration, insurance verification, point-of-service collections, registration, coding, health information management, billing, account follow-up, collections, financial counseling and cash receipting. The RCIM analyzes data and processes to identify efficiencies, ensure statutory compliance and improve financial outcomes. Works with all departments of the hospital to ensure accurate and compliant data capture. Provides guidance for the effective operation of the revenue cycle.
Chief Financial Officer
- Healthcare revenue cycle experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business, finance or healthcare related field preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Strong managerial competencies in the areas of development and a proven track record in building and developing high performance teams.
- Excellent judgment, negotiations and decision-making skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Must be an effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral, written and persuasive skills and must have positive customer relations skills.
POSITION DUTIES: ESSENTIAL
- Is responsible for creating and implementing process improvement activities and policies in the revenue cycle departments.
- Develops and maintains key metrics for revenue cycle performance.
- Coordinates processes for the successful timely and accurate registration, scheduling, verification/eligibility and authorization of insurance.
- Coordinates processes for timely and accurate medical record completion, coding and release of information.
Duties, Responsibilities and Core Values:
- Coordinates processes for timely and accurate billing.
- Coordinates denial management activities for successful follow-up of all outstanding account balances.
- Coordinates the utilization of accounts receivable reports and denial management tools to monitor account balances and establish priorities for collection activities.
- Stays abreast of pertinent revenue cycle knowledge of all areas having a working knowledge of rules and regulations and updates appropriate staff of changes in the industry.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all Revenue Cycle Management computer systems and is a super user for these systems.
- Assists in successful revenue cycle integration of new acquisitions through participation on the integration team, responsible for all other revenue cycle integration activities.
- Implements/maintains administrative practices, organizational philosophy, goals and policies which ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. Ensures consistent administration of, and staff compliance with, all organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective time management by completing commitments within negotiated time frames.
- Contributes to the efficient operation of the department.
- Develops and implements compliance training programs within the revenue cycle which explain the intent of legal requirements and brings out employee understanding as it applies to employee duty requirements.
- Encourages staff development through continuing education, professional affiliation and/or certification.
- Ensures personnel actions within jobs are consistent and in accordance with the companies Code of Conduct and foster process improvement.
- Provides leadership to the revenue cycle department, connecting the day to day activities with the goals objectives, and mission of the company.
- Plays a leadership role through active participation on departmental and interdepartmental Process Improvement teams.
- Assists in maintaining and updating the Chargemaster to comply with federal and state regulations and internal hospital policies. Assists with coordinating that all necessary charges are built into the Chargemaster and performs audits to evaluate if all charges are being captured.
- Has direct reports.
- Keeps the director appropriately informed of problems/issues or needs of the department.
- Demonstrates professional, courteous, caring etiquette.
- Assists in budget preparation and is responsible for maintaining expenditures within acceptable variances.
- Participates in management strategic planning as required.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of BCMH Corporate Compliance plan, Code of Conduct and reporting process of any compliance concerns.
- Shall be responsible for completing educational requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: ESSENTIAL
- Nominal Standing
- An individual in this position will be required to carry, lift up, push or pull up to 25 pounds frequently.
SENSORY AND COMMUNICATIVE ACTIVITIES: ESSENTIAL
- Inside and outside environmental conditions