Respiratory Therapist (40 hours/week) – Day shift, no weekend or holiday requirement[apply online]
We are hiring a Day Shift Respiratory Therapist to join our growing team of professional Respiratory Therapists, caring for our patients Monday through Friday with no weekend or holiday requirement. Baraga County Memorial Hospital offers health care professionals the experience of a state-of-the art facility combined with the positive culture of a local hospital, where decisions are made locally. In conjunction with an energetic group of specialty providers, our Cardiopulmonary Department utilizes modern equipment to offer a broad spectrum of outpatient, inpatient, and emergency services. If you are seeking a greatly improved work-life-balance, this is the opportunity for you.
Sign On Bonus or Relocation Bonus Available
- New Graduates are welcome to apply!
- Licensed in the State of Michigan as a Respiratory Therapist
- Graduate of NBRC Approved School of Respiratory Therapy
- Currently certified by the National Board of Respiratory Care
- ACLS and PALS (Available Upon Hire)
- Comfortable working independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Examines patients with cardiopulmonary-related conditions and conducts treatment and diagnostic testing on inpatients and outpatients.
- Working as part of a team of health care professionals to manage patient care by assisting with medical procedures.
- Setting up and operating devices including therapeutic gas administration apparatus, mechanical ventilators, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Following specified parameters of treatment.
- Providing emergency care such as artificial respiration and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Inspecting, testing, cleaning, and maintaining respiratory therapy equipment to ensure it is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Maintaining charts that contain patient identification and therapy information.
- Measuring arterial blood gases, reading prescriptions, lung capacity, and reviewing other information to assess patient condition.
- Monitoring patient physiological responses to therapy such as arterial blood gases, vital signs or blood chemistry, and lung function changes, and consulting with physicians if there are adverse reactions.
- Explaining health care treatment procedures to patients to gain cooperation.
- Checking cardiopulmonary function in patients.
- Assures that all procedures are performed as outlined in the company’s policy and procedure manual.
- Performs oxygen and equipment rounds per department policy and procedures.
- Represents the hospital and community in the utmost professional manner.
- Complies with HIPAA requirements for security and confidentiality.
- Observes all infection control and safety policies of the facility.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of BCMH Corporate Compliance Plan, Code of Conduct and reporting process of any compliance concerns.
- Shall be responsible for completing educational requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.