Physician Office Registered Nurse *Up to $2000 Sign On Bonus* (Full-Time & Part-Time Available)[apply online]
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing primary health care services to patients based upon the age of the patient served. Assists with various procedures; assures that the physician schedule flows smoothly and efficiently on a daily basis. The RN coordinates and facilitates health care services of the patient. The RN is accountable for both the provision of nursing care and the coordination of care for the patient in collaboration with the health care team. The RN is responsible for all duties of the LPN or Medical Assistant in conjunction with the duties of the RN.
RN Case Manager and/or the Practice Manager.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Registered Nurses.
- One year of experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Must maintain current licensure in the State of Michigan.
- Must be BCLS/CPR certified every 2 years according to the Michigan Heart Association Guidelines.
- Must have the ability to administer a variety of treatments and medications as directed, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to use various types of equipment for examination and treatment procedures, knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment procedures, basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates stress management, clinical competence, personal acceptance of responsibility and accountability, promotes positive interpersonal relationships and maintains confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate a daily commitment to the Standards of Behavior and Core Values of BCMH.
Position Duties: Essential
- Prepares patient for physician exam, by taking pressure, temperature, weight, height, updating patient record with current health information. Documents all observed or expressed health care needs.
- Assists physician in assessment, examination, diagnosis and treatment of patient.
- Schedules patient testing with appropriate departments and hospital admissions. Prepares and orders diagnostic tests including x-rays and laboratory tests according to physician orders and informs patient with instructions and follow up.
- Prepares and administers medication and immunizations as prescribed by the physician and according to state and federal regulations.
- Takes phone calls from patients seeking medical advice, consults with physician for care instructions and calls patient with follow up information.
- Counsels and provides health teaching to the patient and family members based on the need of the patient and family.
- Assures rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient, puts equipment away after each procedure, puts biohazardous material in proper waste containers.
- Provides primary health care services to patient, assists with various procedures, assures that the physician’s patient schedule flows smoothly and efficiently on a daily basis.
- Communicates in an attentive and individualized manner in every encounter.
- Provides patient care in a safe, comfortable and private environment.
- Remains at work station during shift and ensures back up to cover work station while away on break.
- Obtains consent for procedures.
- Checks emergency supplies and equipment for safety.
- Complies with HIPAA requirements for security and confidentiality.
- Observes all infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of BCMH Corporate Compliance plan, Code of Conduct and reporting process of any compliance concerns.
- Shall be responsible for completing educational requirements.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Physical Activities: Essential
An individual in this position will be required to carry or lift weights in the range of:
Up to 25 pounds frequently
Up to 50 pounds occasionally
Sensory and Communicative Activities: Essential
- Inside environmental conditions
- Blood borne pathogens
- Physical hazards
- Chemical hazards