The Human Resources Assistant/Payroll Clerk is performs various daily functions and clerical tasks of all the areas of Human Resources and Payroll activities. Responsibilities include, but is not limited to all human resource programs, such as, workers’ compensation, pre-employment, compensation/payroll, orientation, employee relations, labor relations, equal employment opportunity, recruitment, retention and compliance. The HR Assistant/Payroll Clerk develops, assists and administers personnel-related policies and programs on a strategic level in support of organizational goals.
Human Resources Manager
- Must be a high school graduate with at least 2 years secretarial/clerical experience.
- Two years experience with responsibility for several key human resource and payroll functions preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in principles, practices and procedures of primary human resource functions, including payroll. Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing human resource functions such as employment, compensation, benefits, etc.
- Must maintain highly confidential files and records.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and skill using personal computers and related software for work processing (such as Word), spreadsheets (such as Excel), scheduling/e-mail (such as Outlook and HRIS systems).
- Ability to organize work including arranging, assigning or prioritizing time and resources; ability to give attention to detail; ability to manage ones time effectively and efficiently.
- Must demonstrate a daily commitment to the Standards of Behavior and Core Values of BCMH.
POSITION DUTIES: ESSENTIAL
- Assists the HR Manager with all human resources functions including, payroll, compensation and performance
- Organizes and maintains a system for maintenance of central personnel files that will provide ready analysis of
all personnel management functions. Maintains highly confidential files and records.
- Maintains the system of all personnel files in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Assists with functions such as typing, photocopying, assembling reports and packets and filing information in the computer on a routine basis and as assigned.
- Assists with investigations or recommendations for appropriate steps for resolution of employee relation problems.
- Assists with answering inquiries concerning availability of employment opportunities, employment policies and requirements.
- Schedules job applicant appointments with prospective employees and supervisors.
- Arranges for pre-employment and physical requirements and criminal background checks of prospective employees.
- Contacts references listed by the applicant to verify work history and character.
- Provides orientation for qualified applicants in regard to hospital personnel policies, wages, hours, benefits, and bargaining unit agreements.
- Maintains records and compiles statistical reports concerning personnel-related data.
- Assists with review and revision of HR policies and handbooks in compliance with changing or new legislation.
- Investigates and reports work related injuries to insurance carrier.
- Works in the payroll, human resources and time and attendance systems ensuring system is set-up, compliant, data integrity, efficiencies in system utilization.
- Ensures all payroll related functions are carried out at optimum standard in accordance with hospital policies, employment contracts and work practices as well as meeting all statutory compliance.
- Conducts surveys related to wages, benefits, and other personnel considerations.
- Distributes employee evaluation, physical forms and maintains logs.
- Provides assistance with preparation and updates of job descriptions.
- Responsible for maintaining annual logs for licensure, physical and evaluations and seniority.
- Performs payroll functions such as time sheet distribution, correction, calculation and the processing of payroll.
- Complies with HIPAA requirements for security and confidentiality.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of BCMH Corporate Compliance Plan, Code of Conduct and reporting process of any compliance concerns.
- Shall be responsible for completing educational requirements.
- Observes all infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND ENVORNMENTAL REUQIREMENTS:
- Repetitive Movement
- An individual in this position shall be required to carry or lift weights in the range of: Up to 25 pounds frequently
SENSORY AND COMMUNICATIVE ACTIVITIES: ESSENTIAL
- Inside environmental conditions