The Housekeeper cleans and services all hospital building areas to maintain the facility in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition according to established procedures.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must know how to use common house cleaning devices and cleaning products such as brooms, mops, floor waxes, scouring pads, etc, to keep areas clean.
- Must know how to operate and care for equipment such as stripper, scrubber, waxer and buffer.
- Must know how to measure cleaning solutions and be alert to hazards.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfecting solutions, etc.
- Must demonstrate a daily commitment to the Standards of Behavior and Core Values of BCMH.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance or have own transportation to other BCMH outbuildings.
Position Duties: Essential
- Cleans and services all areas of the hospital in accordance with facility policy.
- Cleans beds at time of patient discharge.
- Vacuums carpets, washes walls and ceilings.
- Cleans windows, mirrors, shades, light fixtures and door glass, changes curtains when needed.
- Empties trash containers observing waste disposal procedures in accordance with the facility policy and relines trash cans with liners.
- Uses equipment to strip, scrub, wax and buff floors as directed.
- Performs cleaning and maintenance of all floors; carpets, tile, concrete and brick flooring.
- Performs restoration functions on highly soiled or worn areas.
- Assists in the proper care and use of housekeeping equipment.
- Identifies and reports any equipment malfunction to the supervisor.
- Cleans wheel, geri, and shower chairs on a routine basis.
- Reports any observed area in poor repair to the supervisor.
- Dispenses soap, paper and other housekeeping supplies.
- Discards infectious wastes into appropriate containers.
- Ensures that work/assignment areas are clean and equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are put away properly before breaks, meals and at the end of the work day.
- Works day, evening, night or partial shifts as assigned on weekdays and weekends.
- Attends inservice training programs as required.
- Participates in trainings and on committees as assigned.
- Complies with HIPAA requirements for security and confidentiality.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of BCMH Corporate Compliance plan, Code of Conduct and reporting process of any compliance concerns.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Shall be responsible for completing educational requirements.
- Observes all infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Physical Activities: Essential
An individual in this position will be required to lift or carry weights in the range of:
Up to 25 pounds frequently
Up to 50 pounds occasionally
Sensory and Communicative Activities: Essential
- Inside and Outside environmental conditions
- Physical hazards
- Chemical hazards